To function properly, our bodies require an adequate amount of nutrients. Having balanced nutrition is foundational to energy levels, appetite, sleep quality and mood. Even small nutrient deficiencies or imbalances can impact how our bodies perform.
We recognize nutrition plays a central role in your health, as it can be a cornerstone of prevention and treatment plan of many chronic illnesses. Food delivers energy and tells our body how to function at a cellular level. It also connects us to our social environment, and these relationships impact and improve our overall well-being.
We regularly treat specific nutritional interests or conditions including:
- Athletic performance
- Autoimmune issues
- Cardiovascular health
- Digestive issues
- Hormones and fertility issues
- Thyroid health
Your one-on-one consultation with a registered dietitian may include:
- Measuring your body composition with our InBody 770 assessment tool
- Performing specialized lab work to assess your baseline vitamin, mineral, amino acid, and antioxidant status
- Discussing your health history, current symptoms, food preferences and goals
- Creating a personalized nutrition plan to help you reach your goals
- Determining a follow-up schedule to regularly assess your progress and make adjustments as needed
We also offer a group-visit program featuring new topics each month. Each small-group session explores an aspect of current nutrition research and how to apply this science to your daily life.
Why Choose Us?
At the Samueli Institute, we believe in providing an integrative, patient-centered approach to nutrition. We address the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social and environmental influences that affect your health and nutrition. Our holistic and personalized nutrition strategies consider your unique conditions, needs, and circumstances to help support your body’s innate ability to heal.